If you are looking for information on how to delete a scratch account, then this page is for you. On this page, we have given detailed steps on how to delete the scratch account. We have also provided information on how to recover the Scratch account if you have deleted it unintentionally. Scroll down to find out more.
This is Chapter 2.3 in the
Scratch Tutorial for Beginners
How To Delete A Scratch Account?
To delete an account in Scratch is explained below:
- Step 1: In your Scratch account, open “account settings”.
- Step 2: Under “Account settings” you will find the option “I want to delete my account”, click on this option.
- Step 3: When you click on the option “I want to delete my account”, you will be asked to confirm your decision to delete your Scratch account. You will be shown the number of projects you have created on Scratch and the number of followers you have. If you are sure of your decision, then click on the option “yes, next step”.
- Step 4: You will then see a pop-up window where you will be given two options: whether to keep your projects and disable comments, or delete your projects. Depending on your choice, choose one of the options.
- Step 5: After you choose your option, enter your Scratch account password to confirm and click on the option “delete account and sign out”. Your Scratch account will now be deleted.
- Step 6: If you change your mind about deleting your Scratch project, then you can log in to your Scratch account within 2 days and your Scratch account won’t get deleted.
How to Cancel My Scratch Account Deletion?
If you have deleted your Scratch account by mistake or want to recover your deleted Scratch account, you can simply log in to your Scratch account within 2 days of deleting your Scratch account and your account will be restored. Keep in mind that Scratch allows you only a period of 2 days to restore your Scratch account.
Passed the 2-day period of time? Don’t worry, you can still recover your Scratch account. If you want to recover your deleted Scratch account after the 2 day period, then you have to contact the Scratch official team by clicking on the “contact us” tab at the bottom of the Scratch official website. Here, you can fill out your query, enter your name and password, and get help from the Scratch official team in restarting your Scratch account.
FAQs on Delete A Scratch Account
How to delete a Scratch project?
To delete your Scratch project, go to “my stuff”. You will see a list of all your Scratch projects. There you will see two options: “see inside” and “delete”. Click on the “delete” option and your Scratch project will be deleted.
What is a scratcher?
A “scratcher” is a term given to a registered user of Scratch. It is like a status given to a registered user after being helpful, active, and respectful in the Scratch community.
How to delete a Scratch account?
You can delete your Scratch account. Go to the “account settings” and click on “I want to delete my account.” Your account will now be deleted. If you want to restore your account, then you can log in to your account within 2 days. Read the above blog for more detailed information.
Does Scratch delete inactive accounts?
If you are not active in Scratch for one year, then the Scratch team will send you an email letting you know that you have been inactive for a year. If you don’t visit your account within one year, then your account will be deleted after one week.
Where are Scratch’s “account settings”?
When you log in to your Scratch account, you will see your Scratch account name and profile picture in the top-right corner of the screen. When you click on it, you see some options, among which you can see the “account settings” options.
Why did Scratch ban me for no reason?
Users usually get banned from Scratch for being inappropriate and disrespectful. This means they can create projects but won’t be able to interact with the Scratch online community. You can also get banned if multiple users have reported you. If you think you got banned for no reason, then you can simply contact the Scratch official team to restore your account. The Scratch team will then investigate if the ban was legitimate or not and will take action accordingly.
Deleting a Scratch account is a simple and straightforward process. We hope the above article helped you with your query. Let us know what other topics you want us to cover in the comment section below!