I am Doubt solver AI, you can ask me anything. Yes, anything!
Not sure where to start? You can try:
What are variables in Python?
What are Hardest AP Classes?
What is in the AP Statistics Formula Sheet?
The AP Statistics formula sheet is a reference guide provided to students during the AP Statistics exam. It contains a list of formulas, tables, and other information that is relevant to the course.
This formula sheet is used as a reference during the AP Statistics exam. The formulas on the sheet cover topics such as data analysis, probability, statistical inference, and sampling distributions
But don’t worry there is no need to memorize these formulas as they will be provided at the beginning of both the MCQ section and the free-response section in the AP Statistics exam. You can use the formula sheet provided below for practice and reference
AP Statistics Formula Sheet
The AP Statistics Formula Sheet and Tables cover these six topics:
- Descriptive Statistics: This section covers measures of center (mean, median, mode) and measures of spread (range, variance, standard deviation). It also includes formulas for calculating percentiles and quartiles.
- Probability: This section covers basic probability rules, such as the addition rule and multiplication rule, as well as probability distributions such as the binomial and normal distributions.
- Statistical Inference: This section covers hypothesis testing, including formulas for calculating test statistics and p-values. It also includes formulas for constructing confidence intervals and margin of error calculations.
- Sampling Distributions: This section covers the normal distribution, t-distribution, and chi-squared distribution. It includes formulas for calculating confidence intervals and hypothesis tests using these distributions.
- Linear Regression: This section covers simple linear regression, including formulas for calculating the least-squares regression line and the coefficient of determination (R-squared).
- Tables: The formula sheet also includes several tables, such as the standard normal distribution table and t-distribution tables.
Source: College Board
With this blog, we have provided you with an AP Statistics formula sheet which consists of both AP Statistics formulas as well as tables. This will help you in practicing problem-solving questions.
You can refer to this sheet for quick recall of formulas for probability and distributions. But don’t worry there is no need to remember such a large sheet as you will be provided with the sheet in the exam.