Practice makes you perfect, no doubt there but where to find the best and relevant practice test questions, especially in online mode. Don’t worry, we got you covered! With this guide, we will give you the top 3 online AP Computer Science A practice tests resources along with the past AP CSA question papers in one single click!
AP Computer Science A past question papers
AP Computer Science A free-response questions (FRQs)
Links to all the previous year’s AP Computer Science A free-response question papers are available in one place! Just click on the links given below and download the FRQs and start practicing.
AP Computer Science A multiple-choice questions (MCQs)
Unlike, free-response questions, there are no official multiple-choice questions available for any AP exam and the same goes for AP Computer Science A.
*Disclaimer: These questions are taken from the official College Board website.
AP Computer Science A exam
The AP Computer Science A exam will be on Wednesday, May 3 2023 at 12 PM local time.
The AP Computer Science A exam has a total duration of 3 hours. The exam consists of two sections:
- multiple-choice questions
- free-response questions
|No. of questions
|Type of questions
|Computational thinking practice assessed
|Individual questions, occasionally with 1–2 sets of questions (2 questions per set)
|1: Program Design and Algorithm Development
2: Code Logic
3: Code Testing
|1 hour 30 mins
|Question 1: Methods and Control Structures
Question 2: Classes
Question 3: Array/Array
Question 4: 2D Array
|5: Code Implementation
|1 hour 30 mins
AP Computer Science A practice tests
AP Computer Science A requires a deep understanding of programming concepts, data structures, and algorithms. To prepare for this AP exam, students need to practice coding and problem-solving skills regularly.
Online AP Computer Science A practice tests can provide students with the opportunity to test their knowledge and skills in a simulated exam environment. But the problem lies in choosing the best practice test among thousand of online practice test resources.
Don’t worry, we have tried and tested and compiled a list of the top 3 online resources for you to practice AP CSP free of cost!
Varsity Tutors is an educational platform that provides students with questions to practice for different exams and subjects like AP, SAT, Math, Science, etc.
Varsity tutors provide practice tests for all AP exams, including AP Computer Science A. It has divided the questions into 5 sections to make learning interesting for students. These sections are 1 diagnostic test, 84 practice tests, question of the day, flashcards, and learn by concept.
- 1 diagnostic test: These tests are like self-diagnosis tools. For AP CSA, Varsity provides students with 1 diagnostic test which contains 40 questions and the time limit is 6 hours and 7 minutes. These diagnostic tests will help you understand your weak points and give you an insight into which area needs more work.
- 84 practice tests: Along with diagnostic tests, Varsity provides students with 84 practice test questions. The questions are spread across all the topics covered in the AP CSA coursework. These are mainly multiple-choice questions.
- Question of day: This is an interesting approach to learning taken by Varsity tutors where you will get one new question every day from different units of AP CSA. If you answer the question wrong then it will give an explanation of where you went wrong.
- Flashcard: This section provides students with 212 MCQs which are spread across all the topics covered in AP CSA. The no.of questions varies from unit to unit.
- Learn by concept: This section provides all the information related to AP CSA coursework and exam.
2. Crack AP
Crack AP is an online educational platform that provides study materials and practice test questions for different subjects and tests like SAT, ACT, and AP.
It also provides practice questions for AP CSA. The questions are given for all the topics covered in AP CSA. There are 33 practice tests given based on all topics covered in AP CSA coursework and 12 free-response practice tests.
Albert is one of the top choices when it comes to AP practice test questions. Albert provides students with practice tests across different tests and subjects.
It also provides AP CSA practice tests. The questions are divided into different categories:
- Practice: This category of practice tests consists of multiple-choice questions divided across all 10 units covered in AP CSA coursework. You can find different amounts of MCQs for all the topics covered in AP CSA.
- Free-response: Along with MCQs, Albert also provides free-response practice questions. The questions are both short type and long types. The questions are given for all the units covered in the AP CSA coursework.
- Assessments: The practice test questions given in this category are in the format of the actual AP CSA exam. This section consists of the CSA practice test. This will help students to get comfortable with the format of the exam.
- Overview: This section provides you with all the information about the AP CSA exam.
In conclusion, online AP Computer Science A practice tests are an essential tool for students looking to excel on the AP exam. These tests provide valuable practice and feedback, enabling students to identify their strengths and weaknesses and improve their performance.
By incorporating online practice tests into their study routine, students can increase their chances of achieving a top score on the exam.
**Disclaimer: The past questions provided in the above section are taken from the official College Board website.