Minecraft Dungeons is an action-adventure dungeon crawler game created by Mojang Studios, Xbox Game Studios, and Double Eleven. At this point, everyone is familiar with Minecraft and how popular this game is worldwide but what about Minecraft Dungeons? In Minecraft, you can mine, craft, explore and build but what if you are more into some action and adventure?
Minecraft Dungeons would be a great fit for you and if you are unfamiliar with Minecraft Dungeons then worry not we got you covered. In this article, we will talk about everything that you should know about Minecraft Dungeons. So, if you are eager to know about one of the latest Minecraft games by Mojang and Microsoft then keep reading this blog till the end.
What is Minecraft Dungeons?
So basically Minecraft Dungeons is an action-adventure dungeon game set in the Minecraft universe. Where you can fight new mobs in single-player mode or multiplayer mode just like regular Minecraft. In Dungeons you get missions and you can choose the difficulty to make it more challenging for yourself. But at first, there will be only one difficulty level unlocked and that would be the Default difficulty.
With that, you get other difficulty options like Adventure and Apocalypse. Well, in Minecraft Dungeons you can also customize your items and gear to make them more powerful. To do that you need to gain experience points so that you could get more enchantment points. And later that can be used to customize your gears.
What is the Plot of Minecraft Dungeons?
Minecraft Dungeons indeed have a story that is simple yet great. The main villain, the antagonist of the story, is Archie, who was abandoned and outcast by everyone around him. And ultimately he leaves his home and somehow stumbles upon an artifact.
Which provides him immense power, the name of the artifact is “Orb of Dominance”. While Archie becomes mighty with the help of the orb, the orb also starts to control his desire. The influence of power starts to affect their mind of Archie, and he steps on the path of vengeance for the people who abandoned him or wronged him.
In addition, he uses his power to forcefully kidnap the citizens of the village where he used to live. And made them work as laborers. Now it’s up to you the hero to save the world and defeat that evil Arch-Villager and all the other enemies on the way.
Different Between Minecraft Dungeons and Minecraft
Minecraft has already a great fan following where players could mine, craft, build, and explore. But compared to that we have some differences that will help you understand why Minecraft Dungeons stand apart from the original Minecraft.
- Genre: The very first difference which comes to mind between Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons would be the genre of the game. Even though Minecraft Dungeons was set up in the Minecraft universe as the original Minecraft they still have a huge difference in terms of genre. Minecraft Dungeons is an action RPG where the players explore and navigate dungeons and Minecraft is a sandbox game.
- Plot/ Storyline: Minecraft does not have any defined or clear storyline. The end goal indeed is to defeat the Ender Dragon. But that cannot be said as the storyline or the plot of the story. Whereas in Minecraft Dungeons there is a very defined and clear story where the player needs to save people. From the grasp of the evil main antagonist who is powerful and now torturing innocent people.
- Focus on Action: One of the main differences players get to see in Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons is the focus on the action. Minecraft does have some action where the players have to fight mobs. But compared to Minecraft Dungeons where the players need to fight a large wave of mobs continuously. The action varies from one another and to be clear the focus on action in Minecraft Dungeons is more than original Minecraft.
- Crafting Items: Minecraft provides players the ability to craft items they require to survive and want. With this, we get to see various unique creations from the players. But in Minecraft Dungeons players do not have that need. Because Minecraft is an action RPG game the players obtain items by exploring dungeons or by killing enemies.
- World Building: In Minecraft, the world-building is mostly in the hand of the player whereas, in Minecraft Dungeons, the player does not get that privilege. As because the difference in the genre the world-building is vastly different. In Minecraft Dungeons everything is pre-built and players can not add anything they desire.
- Gameplay: Well, it can be said that the gameplay in Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons have a lot of similarities. But still, some differences catch the eye of players and that would be the combat. In original Minecraft players could build, mine, or craft but Minecraft Dungeon is all about combat and action.
Minecraft Dungeons Tips and Features for Beginners
Before you start with Minecraft Dungeons it would be better if you know about some features. And get some tips so that you can get the most out of Minecraft Dungeons. It will also be useful in the game and will help you enjoy your time in Minecraft Dungeons.
- Reward and Challenge increase with the Change in Difficulty Settings: Minecraft provides three difficulty options to the player. The very first difficulty level which is unlocked from the start is the Default difficulty. And the other two will be Adventure difficulty and Apocalypse difficulty. Based on your difficulty level the reward varies as well as the challenge is different. Even if you defeat the Arch-Villager, the main antagonist of the game with a normal difficulty level. It will be a lot of hassle to defeat him again with the change in the difficulty level. And the reward will also be better than before.
- Multiplayer Support: In Minecraft Dungeons you can play with your friends together and defeat the enemy. And you don’t even have to worry about the game getting easy due to the number of players. In Minecraft Dungeons the game also becomes difficult as the enemies’ numbers are also increased when you play with your friend. With that, the reward count also increases so you don’t have to worry about getting bored just because you play with friends.
- Use of weapons based on the type of enemy: There is no specific class in Minecraft Dungeons so you can use anything you want to defeat enemies. You will have melee weapons as well as ranged bows with some artifacts. So depending on the type of enemy you can use both melees and ranged weapons. You will even face both melees and ranged enemies simultaneously.
- Use Your Map properly: – Minecraft Dungeons have numerous dead ends and attached tunnels. Exploring it will help you find a secret chest and you can get the most loot. Using your map you will be able to find your location and any detours which you can explore.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you download Minecraft Dungeons for Free?
No, like regular Minecraft, the Minecraft Dungeons Edition needs to purchase from the Microsoft store. But, those who have Microsoft game passes can play for free on PC and Xbox.
Is there any End Game in Minecraft Dungeons and finish it?
The game is updating itself and releasing the latest season on a regular basis. There are different levels, and once you finish one then you will unlock the harder one! But no, there is no End Game in Minecraft Dungeons to date.
How many active players do Minecraft Dungeons have in 2022?
The number of Minecraft Dungeons players is quite huge, currently, they crossed the limit of 15 million players since the birth of the game. With new updates and features, the game is attracting more players because of the Minecraft theme.
Can a 7-year-old kid play Minecraft Dungeons?
Yes, according to Minecraft Dungeons guidelines the game is for 7+ years and older kids. If your kid is 7 then there is no need to worry, he/she will perfectly handle the mechanics of the game.
Is Minecraft Dungeons an Online or an Offline game?
The game is available in both mods, and it depends on your preference like how you want to play. If you want to just complete the game levels then it’s perfectly fine to play offline. However, if you want to play with your friends then the only way is to use online multiplayer mode.
Minecraft Dungeons have a lot more things that could make you enjoy the game even more. Moreover, it also provides the option to play with your friend to solve the challenge and defeat the enemy. You don’t even need to worry about the game getting boring anytime because it’s full of adventure and action. If you start realizing that the game is getting easier just change the level of difficulty and you will see how rough the game gets for you. So, that’s all you need to know about Minecraft Dungeons and how it’s different from regular Minecraft. Well, the only difference is adventure and levels in Dungeons and nothing more. Then what you are waiting for just go and try Minecraft Dungeons now.? If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this post then feel free to drop a comment below or you can read other Minecraft blogs on our site.